4 Seasons of Rochester will feature works created by local artists, based on photos submitted by the public. Each piece will be available for purchase through a silent auction to benefit the Finish in 4 Initiative supporting UMR students who are track to graduate in four years. Artists selected will be assigned a seasonal photo and will receive two complimentary tickets to attend the 4 Seasons of Rochester event.
All artists must reside in any of the eleven counties of Southeastern Minnesota (counties include Dodge, Fillmore, Freeborn, Goodhue, Houston, Mower, Olmsted, Rice, Steele, Wabasha, and Winona).
If you wish to participate in this opportunity, please review the guidelines below. By submitting an application, you are agreeing to abide by these guidelines.
Guidelines for submission:
- All submissions must be hand-delivered to UMR by 3pm on Monday, March 12, 2012. Mailed submissions must be approved in advance by contacting email@example.com.
- UMR will not prepare work for display. Deliver your work wall-ready.
- All artwork will be available for purchase to 4 Seasons of Rochester attendees, and only on the night of the event. Proceeds from sale of all works benefits the Finish in 4 Initiative at UMR.
- Should an artist’s work not be purchased, the artist will be notified and responsible for picking up the work. Unsold works will be held for pick-up until March 31, 2012. After this date, unclaimed works will be discarded. UMR is not responsible for returning unsold works to the artist.
- Each artist may submit one piece.
- Each artist must provide their name, contact information, title of work, year executed, and medium at the time of drop-off.
- All artwork submitted for the event becomes property of UMR. Submission of work constitutes an agreement that UMR may use the work for any promotional purpose, including photographs.
Proposals should include the following written and visual documentation materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by February 25, 2012. Please include the following information in your email:
- Subject Line: 4 Seasons Artists
- A brief (less than one page) artist statement.
- An image list including title, date, and media for each image.
- 2-3 attached images documenting work completed within the last five years (images should be in digital JPEG format and labeled with a title that corresponds with the image list in the email) - OR -
- A letter of recommendation by a local high school art teacher referencing the student's artistic abilities.
Applicants will be notified by February 27, 2012 and have two weeks to complete and submit their original art.
If you have any questions or need any assistance in fulfilling these submission requirements, please contact Sarah Oslund at UMR (email@example.com or 507-258-8060) with additional questions regarding this opportunity.
University of Minnesota Rochester
111 South Broadway Suite 300
Rochester, MN 55904