As a professional member of the University of Minnesota Rochester Office of Admissions and Student Affairs, the Admissions Representative will assist with the recruitment of undergraduate students. We are seeking a highly motivated entry-level admissions representative with a positive and optimistic attitude, who will play a key role in shaping UMR’s image and provide excellent service to prospective students and their families.
- Support the Admissions Office and the Director of Admissions to further recruiting and enrollment management initiatives.
- Responsible for greeting prospective students, families, and other visitors to the University of Minnesota Rochester Admissions Office.
- Assist with maintaining accurate data in Recruitment Plus (admissions software and database). Duties will include data entry and report generation.
- Provide preliminary evaluation of academic and other credentials for admission advising and decision-making purposes.
- Review applications for admission and make admission recommendations to the Director of Admissions.
- Participate and assist in the coordination of general and multicultural student recruitment outreach activities on and off campus; including but not limited to:
- High school visits: The representative will travel to high schools to meet with school counselors and interested students. The Representative will assist in the development of a travel schedule and will be responsible for making detailed arrangements. School visits include, but are not limited to, Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Illinois, North Dakota, South Dakota high school visits; classroom presentations; and occasional evening and weekend presentations to students and families.
- College fairs: The representative is required to take an active role in coordination and participation at college fairs; including but not limited to, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa Education Fairs (statewide college fair circuit) and National College Fairs.
- Campus visits: The representative will share in the execution of campus visit days including group presentations and campus tours. The representative will conduct individual visits, including a campus tour, with prospective students and families.
- Phone and email correspondence: The representative is expected to recruit students through personal contact over the phone, e-mail, print publications, personalized letters and other appropriate forms of communication.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field and one year of related experience. Or, equivalent combination of relevant education and experience totaling five years may be substituted.
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation. The Admissions Representative must be able to travel. Overnight visits will be required (travel reimbursement is provided).
- Applicants must be willing to work beyond an 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. work schedule to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
- Bachelor's degree and at least one year of experience in admissions, student recruitment, the transfer process, or college marketing and communications is desired.
- Experience in website design, print publications development, and/or editing is preferred.
- Fluency in a second language (Spanish or Somali) is desired.
- Recruitment Plus, Image Now, PeopleSoft or a similar admission database experience is also preferred.
- The successful candidate must be highly motivated, self-driven, innovative, and results orientated and must be able to contribute to UMR's efforts to recruit top quality students in the state and nationwide.
- The selected individual will be comfortable with meeting deadlines and attaining enrollment goals while maintaining multiple projects.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service, public relations, and communication skills in both interpersonal and group setting.
The University of Minnesota shall provide equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.
How to Apply
All applicants must apply through the U of M online application
system at https://employment.umn.edu.
Use the requisition number listed in each job description to search for the appropriate position and application instructions.
UMR Campus Safety and Security Report
Download the report (PDF)
For additional information, to request disability accommodations,
and/or to receive materials available in alternative formats, please contact