In case of biohazardous material spill or exposure* to infectious material, do not panic. Proceed with the following:
Notify all laboratory personnel of the spill.
Andy Yue (507) 258-8015
Phyllis Trcka (507) 258-8067
Chris Desens (507 258-8068
Will Simmons (507) 258-8423
- Restrict access to spill area.
- Remove all contaminated clothing and place in a biohazardous (autoclave) bag.
- If skin is contaminated, wash immediately with mild soap and water.
- In case of exposure*, seek medical help immediately.
- Put on clean gloves and face mask.
- Place absorbent pads on spilled material.
- Spray pads with a disinfectant.
- Have someone else call Environmental Health and Safety Office from a lab phone and report the incident.
EHS Office: 612-626-6002
After hours: 911
After hours: Premier Security (507) 281-4952
- Do not attempt to clean up infectious material spills without the use of appropriate protective equipment!
*EXPOSURE INCIDENTS must be reported IMMEDIATELY. They include:
- animal bites and scratches
- needle sticks
- eye, nose, mouth, or broken skin contact with blood and/or other infectious materials.
NEVER ENDANGER YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY
1st, 3rd, 4th Floors University Square, 111 S. Broadway – Rochester, MN 55904
4th Floor Broadway Hall, 102 S. Broadway – Rochester, MN 55904
Lower Level, 1st through 8th Floors, 318 Commons, 318 First Avenue SW – Rochester, MN 55902