If Someone Calls In a Threat:
1. Remain Calm.
2. Keep the caller on the phone, someone else should dial 911 and relay information.
If you are alone, try to get as much information as possible, and then dial 911.
Write down exact words of the caller and keep the caller on the line:
- Location of bomb.
- Time it will explode.
- What kind of bomb is it and what does it look like?
- Did you place the bomb? Why?
3. Dial 911: “I have received a bomb threat.”
- Building/Address: See bottom of page
- Try to remember caller's voice and describe it to the police:
Calm - Nasal - Angry - Broken - Excited - Stressed - Lisp - Rapid - Giggling - Deep - Crying - Squeaky - Stutter - Slow - Sincere - Accent - Loud - Slurred - Disguised
Is the voice familiar?
Who did it sound like?
Were there any background noises?
4. Evacuate if instructed by the police.
If an Explosive Device Is Found In Building
- Do NOT touch anything! Dial 911. Follow with a call to Premier Security – 507-281-4952.
- Prepare to evacuate the building if instructed by police.
- Evacuation Procedure: Follow the FIRE evacuation procedures posted in each classroom and office area.
- All persons must wait for an “ALL CLEAR” clearance from the Emergency Personnel before he or she can re-enter the building. Keep in mind that the primary concern is life safety.
NEVER ENDANGER YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY
1st, 3rd, 4th Floors University Square, 111 S. Broadway – Rochester, MN 55904
4th Floor Broadway Hall, 102 S. Broadway – Rochester, MN 55904
Lower Level, 1st through 8th Floors, 318 Commons, 318 First Avenue SW – Rochester, MN 55902