The purpose of the Family Engagement Committee is to develop and nurture relationships between families of enrolled students and the University of Minnesota Rochester (UMR) through communication, special events, volunteer opportunities, and philanthropic support.
- Attend meetings twice per year (one per semester)
- Provide for two-way communication between families and UMR, and among families
- Provide a source of insight from the family perspective and to contribute knowledge of student’s experience to help inform practices
- Support UMR by making a contribution of any size to the annual fund
- Welcome new families (e.g. calls, emails, chatroom sessions)
- Plan programs and events to involve families in the life of UMR
- Volunteer during parent orientation, family weekend, and other campus events
- Serve as a resource for finding internships, job shadowing, job opportunities, and cultivating philanthropic support for UMR students and graduates
If you would like to become a member of the FEC please complete the form below.
Questions? Contact Janet Crittenden (firstname.lastname@example.org)