It is your time to make your forever friends, have fun, build your UMR community, create memories outside of the classroom and build a network that will help you succeed as a student while at UMR and later as a college graduate.
We are committed to making your on campus living experience a safe one.
Student behavior continues to be one of the most important keys to UMR’s success in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic in a manner that limits transmission on campus.
UMR’s unique housing options provide a safe space for you to #ProtectTheNest. Apartments at 318 Commons and Residence at Discovery Square are considered by Public Health professionals as a "family" unit. With shared apartment kitchens and bathrooms for a small number of residents, the living arrangement is similar to a traditional residential arrangement than it is a typical residence hall with communal bathrooms and dining halls.
It is important that roommates understand each other's expectations regarding COVID-19 safety.
UMR Mask Requirements:
- Effective August 3, it is required that all students, staff, faculty, contractors, and visitors to the UMR campus, wear facial coverings while indoors, regardless of vaccination status.
- When a student exits their apartment, masks are required.
- If there are guests inside of an apartment, masks are required.
- Masks are required at all city-operated facilities and Rochester Public Transit.
- Private entities retain the right to require patrons to wear masks in their store/facility.
Get the Vax 2.0
President Gabel shared information about new upcoming vaccine requirements for students, staff and faculty. This communication can be found in your U of M student email account.
Safety remains UMR’s top priority. There will be designated quarantine and isolation apartments if needed.