Get Ready to SOAR!
Traditionally, UMR has offered students and families an on-campus summer orientation and registration program. The COVID-19 Pandemic has challenged all of us to be adaptive and innovative. Our Summer Online advising and Registration (SOAR) is a product of these ongoing demands.
Andrew Williams, Assistant Vice Chancellor for Students Success, Engagement, and Equity welcomes students to SOAR.
SOAR will provide students with a combination of virtual 1:1 and group meetings for you to complete and learn about the following:
Advising and Registration
- Meet with your assigned Student Success Coach for an advising meeting where you will review any college coursework, AP scores, and determine a class schedule for the fall semester..
- Register for courses.
One Stop Services and Financial Aid
- Learn about UMR’s One Stop Services. One Stop provides students information regarding registration, records, financial aid, billing, payment and veterans benefits.
- Talk with UMR’s One Stop Counselors to answer questions you may have.
- Have questions now? Contact UMR One Stop here.
- Veterans and families have questions? Contact Veteran Services
- Learn how to prepare for living at 318 Commons.
Additional Student Services
- Learn about additional students services available to all students at UMR.
The SOAR program will launch on June 7, 2021
To get started as a new student at UMR, review these steps and click the icons to be directed to each respective page.
Activate your University Internet Account. You will need your University Internet ID and password to begin the SOAR program, register for classes, and access the University’s online resources.
Set up your University Email. From the UMR Homepage, login to your MyU portal to access your university email account. Check your U of M email regularly. Your university email is the official method of communication at the University of Minnesota.
Additional Tasks to Complete:
All incoming students need to complete the Immunization Form in its entirety, a hold will be placed on your student account if the form is not completed. Information needed to complete the Immunization From.
Transcripts and Test Scores
- High School Transcripts: All incoming new high school students must send a final high school transcript to UMR. After graduation, request for your final high school transcript to be sent to UMR (including graduation date).
- College Transcripts: Any student who has completed college courses from a post-secondary institution is required to send a final transcript to UMR.
Test Credits: Students who have completed AP, IB, or CLEP exams, should have their scores sent to UMR. How to send AP scores.
Students are required to have internet access and a laptop that meets the minimum technical specifications listed below. Due to the increase in online learning and collaboration, a device (laptop, tablet) that has a webcam and microphone is essential. More information can be found on the IT Laptop Requirements page.