Prospective Transfer Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (BSHS) students
Incoming transfer students for the BSHS program - please schedule at least two weeks prior to the day you would like to visit. After scheduling, please send an unofficial transcript to Director of Admissions Brett Hartnagel, email@example.com. This will allow us to review your transcripts prior to your visit so that we can discuss transferability of coursework.
Visit UMR In-person or Online!
In-person Campus Tours
We are excited to announce that you will have the opportunity to visit UMR in-person this fall! Starting after Labor Day, the UMR campus will be open for daily tours. Tours at UMR include a one-on-one session with an admissions representative and a tour of campus. Families must arrive only 30 mins before a session begins. Daily tours take place at 10 am and 2 pm Monday thru Friday.
Students must register for daily tours at least 48 hours in advance
Please read the following guidelines to make daily tours safe and enjoyable for all involved:
Protect the Nest
On-Campus Visits and COVID-19
We are asking all prospective students and families adhere to the guidelines below. Learn more about UMR's COVID-19 response here.
- Each prospective student must register in advance. Walk-ins are NOT permitted.
- Each tour will be individual with just one family for each time slot.
- Due to limited capacity, we request that only two guests accompany the prospective students. Families of four or more are NOT permitted.
- Please do NOT attend your visit if you or anyone in your household is ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Face coverings are REQUIRED at all times during campus visits. Disposable masks are available upon arrival, but feel free to bring your own.
- The visiting student and guests are required to socially distance themselves from the Admissions staff, student Ambassadors, and other UMR students, faculty and staff as much as possible. We consider 6 feet as social distancing.
- We are currently unable to accommodate in-person special meetings (e.g. meeting with a faculty member, One Stop/financial aid advisor, etc.)
In-person Daily Campus Tour registration link: https://apply.r.umn.edu/portal/daily_visit
Virtual Personalized Visit
Virtual Visits are Monday thru Friday approx. 1 hour in length
Daily tours start at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
Virtual Individual Visit registration* link: https://apply.r.umn.edu/portal/vr_visit
Visit will consist of:
- 30 min one-on-one info session with your Admissions Representative
- 30 min tour with a student ambassador
*Once you register using the links provided above you will receive a follow up email with instructions and a link to the Zoom meeting you will join for our one-on-one visits!
Students must register for individual and group visits at least 48 hours in advanc
Prospective Transfer Bachelor of Science in Health Professions (BSHP) students - Current college students interested in Radiography, Sonography, Echocardiography or Respiratory Care
We invite you to visit UMR to learn more about the Bachelor of Science in Health Professions program, an educational collaboration with Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences (MCSHS).
Since the majority of BSHP coursework takes place at MCSHS, we do not offer UMR campus tours to BSHP students. If you would like to visit UMR to discuss transferability of courses and get additional program details, please email the Transfer Admissions, please contact, BSHP Transfer Admissions Representative Cassie Zell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include which BSHP tracks you are interested in, as well as an unofficial copy of your transcripts. Once reviewed, we can schedule your visit to UMR.
Spring 2021 BSHP Exploration Events
Discover more about each of the BSHP tracks at UMR by attending one of the program spotlight events coming up this spring!
- Tuesday, March 30th: Radiography Spotlight Event from 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, April 19th: Respiratory Care Spotlight Event from 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 27th: Sonography & Echocardiography Spotlight Event from 10:00 - 11:30 a.m.
All sessions will occur virtually via Zoom. Please sign up here to receive the Zoom links for each session.
Prospective Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) students
For students interested in transferring to the Nursing department, we currently do not offer tours. If you are interested in learning more about the Nursing program, please contact the School of Nursing directly at 507-258-8045.