Submitting a Course for Review
Go to Transferology and follow these steps:
- Select “Will my courses transfer”
- Enter the school where you plan to complete coursework (or have completed coursework)
- Enter the approximate term and year that the course was completed or will be completed
- Enter the department information. (Example: ENGL) *Do not click the “Import your courses link”.
- Look for the list of courses generated and click on the “+” icon to add the course(s) to your course list
- Select “Search for Matches”
- Click on the green box that shows the percentage of courses that matched for UMR. Note: if UMR does not automatically appear at the top of the list of schools on the next page, click on "Looking for a Particular School" and select UMR in the pop-up window.
- Select the green “Request Information” box on the right-hand side of the page.
- Select “advising” and in the “custom message” textbox, enter the below:
- Your First and Last Name
- Please identify if you are a prospective student, a recently admitted student, OR a current student
- Your student ID number
- University of MN email address
- For EACH course you are submitting, state which type of evaluation you are requesting (you can request more than one type of evalution)
- Equivalent to UMR course
- Liberal Education requirement
- Substitution for UMR required course or requirement
- IMPORTANT: Email an electronic version of the course syllabus (for all courses) to firstname.lastname@example.org. In this email, please include your name and the institution which offered the course. Not submitting a syllabus greatly reduces the chance that the course will be granted an equivalency or subtitution.
You should receive an email response to your request within four weeks of submission. If you have questions about the outcome or you have unique circumstances, contact your student success coach if you are a current student, or applyUMR@r.umn.edu if your are not a current student.