The University of Minnesota Rochester will inspire and empower undergraduates to solve the grand health challenges of the 21st century.
First Graduating Class: 2013
Location: Downtown Rochester, Minnesota -- in the heart of the medical community
Speciality: Undergraduate Health Sciences
An innovative degree program with an integrated curriculum to provide students with a foundational undergraduate education that allows them to pursue a wide range of careers in the health sciences field.
Four degree programs in educational collaboration with Mayo Clinic School of Health Sciences.
Enrollment: UMR serves just under 1,000 students total.
- UMR does not charge out-of-state tuition
- 79% of classes have fewer than 30 students
- Average class size is 22 students
- 100% of students are considered for merit scholarships
Note: There are no Teaching Assistants. There are no lecture halls. Faculty are available in JustASK centers daily.
Students are driven and united by their passion to make a difference in the world through a health career and a life of service to their communities.
- 44% of 2023 graduates plan to pursue graduate or professional school.
- 56% of 2023 graduates plan to go straight into the workforce to pursue their career.
- 67% of UMR’s undergraduates are “underrepresented,” which includes BIPOC*, first-generation students and/or low income students.
- 80% of graduating students had a meaningful experience at Mayo Clinic during their time at UMR.
- 100% of BSHP graduates have entered the workforce in their field.
- UMR graduates contribute to the diversification of the health care workforce – a development expected to enhance innovation and public health outcomes.
- We continue to live out our land grant mission with a student body that is 80% from Minnesota.
- There is no educational attainment gap for underrepresented students (first-generation, Pell Grant eligible, students of color).
- UMR students participate in Living Learning Communities that enhance student success.
*BIPOC - Black, Indigenous, People of Color