Putting cutting-edge technology to work.
University of Minnesota and Google Cloud announce NXT GEN MED: A groundbreaking, innovative partnership to re-envision the education of future health care leaders with support from Mayo Clinic. NXT GEN MED is a high-tech, industry integrated, accelerated delivery of the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree beginning summer 2022.
This partnership of global leaders will offer a one-of-a-kind health sciences education on the Rochester campus of the University of Minnesota. The new accelerated program from one of the country’s top research land-grant institutions will prepare students to design solutions for the grand health challenges of the 21st century.
NXT GEN MED will combine world-class technology and proven learning experiences for students pursuing health care careers, matching students with Mayo Clinic mentors.
What can you expect from NXT GEN MED?
- Caring and creative faculty, guiding your learning and development in health sciences.
- A cutting edge technology platform that includes virtual learning and gamification, powered by Google Cloud’s unmatched technology and tools.
- Flipped, active instruction focused on “real world” problem solving.
- Innovative opportunities to explore career pathways, as well as an entrepreneurial or global immersion experience.
- Research experiences to build on your curiosity and fuel your drive to discover solutions.
- A dedicated success coach, a Mayo Clinic mentor and other systems that prioritize student well-being and support.
- A strong sense of belonging with a cohort of diverse students who share your passion to make a difference in the world through a career in health.
- A digital portfolio, where you can document your learning and progress as you go and showcase your accomplishments to future employers.
- Work placement opportunities at Mayo Clinic.
Are you a high school student graduating in 2022 and interested in learning more about this unique program? Consider attending NXT GEN MED Summer Quest, a week-long comprehensive, residential summer program launching in the summer of 2021. NXT GEN MED Summer Quest will provide interested students the opportunity to experience this high-tech, industry integrated academic experience. This program will be provided at no cost to interested students. Registration and selection criteria for Summer Quest will be available in April 2021. Indicate your interest by completing the NXT GEN MED Summer Quest form. Additional details about NXT GEN MED will be available August 2021.