UMR student smiling

Transfer Admissions

It is in your best interest to work closely with the Office of Admissions to determine if you are a good fit for transferring into one of our programs.

University of Minnesota Rochester defines a transfer student as one who has graduated high school and has received college credit post high school graduation.

If a student has received college credit in high school (PSEO, CIS, etc) but does not have a high school diploma, they are considered a new first-year student.

Transferring to the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (BSHS)
Our innovative and challenging curriculum of the Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences degree will prepare students for health science careers, graduate education, and professional degrees. Due to our unique, integrated curriculum, planning ahead is important when considering transferring to UMR.

Transferring to the Bachelor of Science in Health Professions (BSHP)
Our BSHP program is a junior admitting transfer only program. Students can complete lower-division (first year - second year) courses at UMR or at another regionally accredited university or college. Students must complete prerequisite coursework (including all University of Minnesota liberal education and theme requirements) prior to admission.

Students interested in transferring to the University of Minnesota Twin Cities Nursing program should contact the School of Nursing directly at 507-258-8045 or

Apply Now

Transfer Admissions for BSHS

The BSHS provides rigorous coursework to prepare students for a variety of career pathways. It is important for transfer applicants to demonstrate preparation for such a curriculum by completing science and math coursework.

  • 1 additional math course
  • Intro Psych, Sociology, Ethics, Public Speaking

  • Fall 2020 priority deadline: February 1, 2020
  • After February 1, students may continue to apply and be admitted on a space-available basis.

  • Online Application
  • $30.00 non-refundable application fee 
  • All official college or university transcripts

  • Official high school transcript
  • ACT or SAT scores