Traditionally, UMR has offered students and families an on-campus summer orientation and registration program. The COVID 19 Pandemic has challenged all of us to be adaptive and innovative. UMR’s new Summer Online Advising and Registration (SOAR) Experience is a product of these demands.
- Connect students with their incoming classmates.
- Provide an opportunity to meet Student Orientation and Welcome Week Leaders (OWLS).
- Dedicate time to consult with a team of educational professionals dedicated to student success and wellbeing.
- Provide access to resources and programming.
- Allow time for students and families to learn more about UMR majors and career pathways, financial aid, residential life, student organizations and other University services.
Finally, with the assistance of Success Coaches and OWLS, all students will leave SOAR fully registered for the Fall 2020 semester!
To get started as a new student at UMR, please complete the following:
- If you have not done so, apply for housing. All first-year students are required to live in the 318 Commons Residence.
- Initiate your University of Minnesota Internet account.You will need your Internet ID and password to begin your online orientation, schedule an appointment with your success coach, register for classes and access the University's online resources.
- Between June 1 and July 1 complete the New Student Orientation & Registration Checklist.
- Share the checklist with your parent or guardian to access family orientation resources and programming.
- Check your U of M email regularly. It is the official method of communication at the University of Minnesota.
UMR stands ready to partner with students and families in making a smooth transition to living and learning at UMR.