Welcome back to the University of Minnesota Rochester!
Residence at Discovery Square (RDS) Fast Facts:
- Located in downtown Rochester and within walking distance of the main campus, 318 Commons, Mayo Clinic, restaurants, and nearby attractions.
- Built in 2019
- Houses upperclassmen
- Note: UMR leases a portion of the apartments within the building. Non-UMR individuals also live at RDS and most are affiliated with Mayo.
- 36 unfurnished apartments with 69 beds
- 5 different apartment layouts, with different price points
- All utilities and internet included in housing cost
- Balconies on each apartment
- 2 Resident Assistants
- Hall-wide programming to build community
- On-site community spaces including a dedicated UMR student lounge with a printer, 24/7 fitness center, a large indoor gathering space with electric fireplaces and large screen tvs, and a beautiful outdoor patio with grills and patio furniture
- Heated underground parking garage available with additional fees with limited parking stalls reserved for UMR students
- Parking stall types pictured below
RDS Single Parking Stall
RDS Tandem Parking Stall
RDS Maintenance Concerns
- For urgent maintenance concerns, call the RDS Maintenance On-Call at 507.282.1460
- For non-urgent maintenance concerns, please call the RDS Main Office at 507.995.1557