Welcome Home to the University of Minnesota Rochester!
318 Commons Fast Facts:
- Located in downtown Rochester and within walking distance of the main campus, Mayo Clinic, restaurants, and nearby attractions.
- Built in 2011
- Houses upperclassmen
- Co-educational residence hall with 7 residential floors
- All utilities and internet are included in housing cost
- 98 fully furnished apartments with 267 beds
- Washer/Dryer unit included in each apartment
- 1 Resident Assistant on each floor
- Hall-wide programming to build community
- On-site resources and hangout spaces including UMR’s Food Pantry, The Nest, 318 Commons Front Desk, JustASK hours and faculty offices.
Studio Apartments House 2 people
318 Commons Services
The 318 Commons Front Desk serves multiple purposes:
- Answers questions and phone calls
- Check-out items to residents (games, carts, tools, vacuums, and more)
- Distribute packages
- Document and respond to emergencies
- & More!
Academic Year Front Desk Hours
8 a.m. - midnight (weekdays)
10 a.m. - midnight (weekends)
Note: the front desk has modified hours during holidays and university breaks.
2022 Summer Hours - 318 Commons Front Desk
Open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday - Thursday
Open 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday - Sunday
Front Desk Phone Number
Resident Assistant On-Call
- For urgent maintenance concerns, call the Resident Assistant On-Call at 507.517.8277 and the RA On-Call will immediately contact the Emergency Maintenance On-Call staff member.
- For non-urgent maintenance concerns, please submit a work order.