Welcome home to the University of Minnesota Rochester!
318 Commons Fast Facts:
- Located in downtown Rochester and within walking distance of the main campus, Mayo Clinic, restaurants, and nearby attractions.
- Built in 2011
- Houses first-year students
- Co-educational residence hall with 7 residential floors
- All utilities and internet are included in housing cost
- 98 fully furnished apartments with 267 beds
- Washer/Dryer unit included in each apartment
- 4 Living Learning Communities
- 1 Resident Assistant on each floor
- Hall-wide programming to build community
- On-site resources and hangout spaces including UMR’s Food Pantry, The Nest, 318 Commons Front Desk, JustAsk Hours, and faculty offices.
Front Desk Services
The 318 Commons Front Desk serves multiple purposes:
- Answers questions and phone calls
- Check-out items to residents (games, carts, tools, vacuums, and more)
- Distribute packages
- Document and respond to emergencies
- & More!
Academic Year Front Desk Hours
8 am - midnight (weekdays)
10 am - midnight (weekends)
Note: the front desk has modified hours during holidays and university breaks.
2022 Summer Hours - 318 Commons Front Desk
Open 10 am to 7 pm Monday - Thursday
Open 10 am to 10 pm Friday - Sunday
Front Desk Phone Number
Resident Assistant On-Call
318 Commons Maintenance
- For urgent maintenance concerns, call the Resident Assistant On-Call at 507.517.8277 and the RA On-Call will immediately contact the Emergency Maintenance On-Call staff member.
- For non-urgent maintenance concerns, please submit a work order.